Full Partner Organizations:
GEA Coop Sociale (IT)
GEA is a non profit Social Cooperative founded in 2004 in Padua. Its main goal is to promote and support processes of integration and active citizenship of vulnerable groups such as minors, migrant women, migrant families and communities, asylum seekers and refugees in the area of Veneto region.
GEA has developed different experiences and skills in the field of:
- active citizenship
- integration and intercultural education
- Cultural and Linguistic Mediation, intercultural counselling
- projects development and management
- support and consulting of migrant associations and groups in their relations with institutions, public and private territorial services
GEA has developed a sound experience in local and European projects management in the field of social inclusion and intercultural dialogue, developing services and projects for immigrant and socially weak families, children and youngsters, cooperating constantly with schools and social health services. Among other projects in the field of sport and equality, is also full partner of the Collaborative Partnerships project “P.L.A.Y! – Peer education, Leadership, Action, Youth – promoting grassroot sports for educational success and social inclusion” funded by 2016 Erasmus + Sport.
GEA cooperates with local and national grassroots sport organizations that valorise sport as a tool of social inclusion and contrast discriminations. Is local branch for North East Italy of OXFAM Italia and member of the board of the national consortium Idee In Rete.
GASOL Foundation (Spain)
Gasol Foundation is a non-for-profit organisation created in 2014 by the two Gasol brothers (Pau and Marc), both NBA basketball players.
The mission of the Foundation is to reduce childhood obesity rates by promoting healthy lifestyles amongst children and their families. Gasol Foundation is implementing two programmes, one in Spain (Barcelona) and another in United States (Los Angeles) to reach disadvantage populations and promote healthy lifestyles during leisure time.
The main objectives of the Gasol Foundation are:
- To promote an adequate nutrion and a healthy and balanced diet in the familiar, scholar and community settings.
- To promote physical activity through the sport, game and physical exercise in the familiar, scholar and community settings.
- To promote an adequate number and quality of sleep.
- To promote a healthy emocional wellbeing.
- To promote the training of those who have influence on children and young people of school age and create an enabling environment for the purposes of the foundation.
- To generate awareness in the society about the importance of childhood obesity prevention through the promotion of healthy lifestyles.
- To contribute to the research in this field and assess the health impact of the Foundation interventions